Open Hearts & Homes
FOSTERING MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN AN ANIMAL’S LIFE.
Sometimes the greatest gift you can give an animal is time, love and a place to call home. The Verde Valley Humane Society is always looking for more foster homes for our animals that need that little extra help, as well as for those times when the shelter reaches a space issue.
Foster homes are essential to the VVHS, giving the shelter the ability to open up their kennels & cages for even more animals in need. The VVHS currently require foster homes for animals with special needs, including:
- Animals too young to be adopted
- Animals recovering from a medical condition or a surgical procedure
- Animals who are long-term residents who need extra TLC and a break from the shelter environment
- Animals who are shy, scared and stressed in the shelter and who need extra love, attention, and socialization
- Senior animals who have a tendency to be less hopeful than younger ones when they find themselves confined to a shelter and they may become depressed – they need to be in a home to help them maintain good emotional and physical health
- Every animal is unique and the time in a foster home will vary depending on the needs of the animal. Some may only need a week or two, while others may need a few months.
When you choose to give from the heart and foster, you are saving animals’ lives. You only need to provide the love and care, and the VVHS will provide everything else (including, food, bowls, bedding, toys, medications, crates, litter, vet services etc,), along with lots of support and gratitude too.
Interested in Fostering?
Becoming a foster parent can be a wonderfully fulfilling experience.Download the Foster Application! Fill Out the Foster Application Online!
For more details, please call Tacy Pastor, our Executive Director, at 928.634.7387 or contact her here.
You are welcome to apply in-person at the shelter during normal operating hours